Saturday, August 1, 2009

Update


Precious baby boy

Sucking his fingers

Daddy and Ryder

Wide awake.. Looking at his daddy

Sound asleep on his belly

Wow it's been a crazy week around here it seems like it's been a lot longer then a week but we're enjoying being parents. Ryder is doing awesome he is improving everyday. He is now off the antibiotics and caffeine. They gave him a dose of caffeine every day to stimulate his breathing so he didn't forget to take some deep breaths with his little ones. He is getting fed through a feeding tube in his nose. He got to have my milk his first time on Wed. they started him out at 5 ccs and he thought that wasn't enough so that next day they did 10 ccs and he was still hungry they can't feed them a lot because preemies belly's are too small. But yesterday morn they upped him to 14 ccs that morning and then by his afternoon feeding he was at 20 ccs he is progressing so well they are all amazed on how good he's doing. He is still at 20 ccs as far as I know. He still has his ivs for nutrition and fat but as soon as he reaches about 35 ccs he can be taken off all ivs yay he's on his way there quickly. I still won't be able to breast feed for a few weeks most likely. He still needs to learn the suck swallow and breath technique and that's what he would be learning right now if he was still in the womb. Clayton was changing is diaper yesterday and it was a poopy one so he was nervous and he then all of a sudden Ryder just started peeing all over the place. I wasn't in there I was in the nursing room pumping but he comes in with a big grin saying you missed a show Ryder peed all over me all over his bed it was cute. Good job Ryder way to get daddy good lol. I missed out on the best thing lol I guess him my mom and the nurse were laughing so hard wish I could of seen it. So that's the update on Ryder. He's doing awesome and we couldn't ask for a healthier strong baby. We are looking forward to the day we can bring him home with us. We hate to leave the NICU everyday without him and it's hard because only one of us gets to hold him a day :( I'll keep this updated as he progresses more and when I have time :)

No comments: