Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back on top...

So after Ryder's crazy hectic day yesterday he is doing so much better today. He had one spell today ( where he desats really low and can't come back up) and it was during his 8am feeding she said she was feeding him and he was doing good and then she burped him he let a big burp and then just went limp and quit breathing oh my goodness child I can't handle this stress lol so anyways she got him breathing again just by stimulation within a minute good no code team today. The nurse that was there today is one we love she's awesome and cares so much about him it's cute she always says Ryder is her favorite lol anyway she was talking to the Dr and asked if she could take the oxygen out and the NG tube out of his nose and put him back under the head box so he let her do that. When I got there he as under the head box and everything was out of his nose hallelujah and the NG tube was in his mouth looks sad but it's so much better then being in his nose. He sounded so much better he just does a ton better in that box we love it lol.

The test results came back on his CT scan and his head scan. Everything came back normal as it should be on his head scan. His CT scan they say just looks like everything he had in his left nostril was pushing over to his right and was blocking it and so that's why he was having issues with the breathing because he was doing great with nothing shoved up there today. His blood is also a little low so they think that might be a reason he's not breathing good because when your blood is low your just tired all the time and it's hard to keep the oxygen in so if that doesn't start getting higher then they will consider a blood transfusion if we allow it to happen which I think we will we just want anything to help him to get better. Hopefully this head box will work miracles again and the nurse today is hoping they will just leave him under it until he doesn't have to have the NG tube (feeding tube) at all. She's awesome I wish we could have her everyday I love how much she attention she gives him and how much she cares about him.

Obviously he was doing a ton better today because he nursed for a whole whopping 30 minutes holy crap that's awesome we can usually barely get him to do the full feeding of 10 minutes and yesterday he couldn't even do a full feeding. Oh and the whole time he was nursing he had NO oxygen and he only went down a few times and would bring himself right back up he was usually really high in his breathing stats that's awesome what did I tell ya that head box works miracles. I had asked them everyday since Saturday to put that head box back on him and they wouldn't listen finally Cindy (awesome nurse) was working and made them give it to him yay thanks Cindy your the best. When I left this evening his stats were high so she turned the oxygen pretty much off and he was still high yahoo that's awesome I hope he can start orally feeding every feeding and do good so he can get rid of the NG tube and then hopefully no more oxygen. Can you tell I'm really excited today lol I love days like this when he's doing awesome especially after days like yesterday it scares me when that happens. Well keep fighting buddy and I hope that nose will clear up we love you tons.

No comments: