Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bad Day

Ryder had a bad day yesterday poor little guy I felt so bad. It all started off with a head scan just to make sure his head is growing the way it should be and then he got a ct scan on his nose to see what's going on with it. We won't know any results until later today. Well I guess that really wore him out and then the nurse was feeding him a bottle and his breathing started going down so she stopped and he wouldn't come back up on his own like he usually does and then he started changing colors then his heart rate got really low so she had to call the response team people in to help bring him back up he didn't go completely down but he got really low poor guy I'm so glad I wasn't there when it happened. When I did finally get there his nose was so stuffy and he still kept desatting so they tried suctioning his nose and then changed his feeding tube to a smaller one to see if that would help it didn't do too much at the time and they let me try to breast feed him and he couldn't even handle that he just kept going down but he would bring himself back up but we just decided to finish feeding him through his tube and I couldn't even hold him since he was doing so bad :(

Later that night when Clayt and I both went there he was doing ok but they still wouldn't let me try to breast feed him since he still was jumping around with his breathing. We got to hold him a little bit I let Clayt hold him and I left and went and pumped and why I was gone he went down again and the nurse had to help get him back up to normal so Clayt had to put him back in his crib. So we didn't stay very long since we couldn't hold him and he wasn't doing good we just wanted him to sleep cause I think he was just so worn out from everything that was done to him. I really hope he is doing better today and hopefully we get the results we want to hear about his nose so we can know what is wrong with it and know what to do so the little guy can breath.

On a good note he gained weight he is now 6 lbs on the dot lol the night before he had lost weight but he made up for it yesterday. Even though he wasn't doing good he gained 4 ounces good job bud now if we can just get the whole breathing thing figured out. We love you bud keep fighting.

No comments: