Monday, August 3, 2009
Oxygen and no more IVs
I finally made it up to the hospital today and when I got there Ryder was back on oxygen :( it's not very much they say it is as if he were riding a power wheel and the wind was blowing in his face lol he is still breathing the same air we are so this is just kinda helping him cause he was starting to struggle last night. The nurse said he has been using all his energy to breath and so now he's getting tired and forgets to take deep breaths now I guess. So they upped his feeding again and now he's at 30 ccs and at his feeding tonight at eleven he will go up to 33 ccs. He get's to go off his IVs today she said she was going to take it out at his feeding time at 5. So he's still progressing and doing good just is needing a little bit of help with his breathing again. She let me hold him why I was there and said Clayt and I both should be able to hold him tonight when we go up together. I love holding him and am glad I can now hold him everyday instead of every other day. After I was done holding him today and the nurse was putting him back in the isolate she was trying to put him on his belly and he stuck his butt in the air and put his knees under him like he was going to crawl away and looked like a stink bug it was so cute. He does the funniest things when we try to move him to different positions he's such a character already. So that's the update for today hopefully things are still good when we go back tonight and get better over the night too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment