Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Muzzeloader hunt

Clayt drew out for a deer tag for muzzeloader this year so we headed to the Mountain down in Blanding for the week. We headed out last Tuesday and camped 4 days and 3 nights. When we were driving down there Ryder was cracking us up he was so excited to go camping every 10 minutes he would say "I want to go camping" it was getting annoying lol he had to bring his green "birthday" gun with him so he could shoot elk he would say. When we were in the canyon he said where is my gun I need to shoot those elks so cute. Opening morning of the hunt we saw some deer and we told him to get his gun and shoot them and he said "I already shoot 2 of them" haha he's so funny he loved it except for when we made him be quiet. We had a baptism in Blanding Saturday morning so we went into town late Friday night. We got up early opening morning (Wednesday) and went looking for a buck to kill. Clayt took my mom Ryder and I with him what a good guy ;) lol we saw about 20 bucks and didn't shoot one haha the big ones were too far he said and he didn't want to hike lazy butt and the one he did want to shoot was a freaking UNICORN haha so I wouldn't let him lol I didn't go out with him Thursday morning because he was going to hike so we slept in a little and hung out at camp. My parents had their trailer with them so they let us stay in there with them. We camped with them and Milans good friend Shelby Seely and his family. They fed us a good pretty sure I gained a few pounds on that camping trip haha we went out later in the day on the Rhino but didn't see much. Friday I didn't go in the morning again cause he was hiking so my mom Ryder and I took the Rhino for a cruise that morning while the guys were hunting. Later in the afternoon Ryder went with grandma and papa on the four wheeler and Clayt and I went in the truck only because we went to the other side of the mountain. We went to the top of the mountain where we were staying and Clayt decided he want to hike so I took the journey with him. Going down the big hills were easy but let me tell ya the hike back kicked my butt. We sat on the side of the hill looking for deer we only saw 1 buck but it was too far to shoot with a muzzeloader and I wasn't about to hike up and down 2 extra hills lol We did see about 4 elk though. We sat on the hill and watched them throuhg our binoculars and listened to them bugle or whatever it's called lol but it was pretty cool I had never seen them or heard them like that. When it started getting dark we headed back to the truck still with no luck. I had to take a few stops to catch my breath when we were walking back up but I never once complained :) I was starving and had no water though lol I think that's part of the reason it was so tuff. Clayt kept checking on me but I just kept trucking a long. I was relieved when we made it back to the top. Not sure how far we hiked maybe only 2 miles but when it's rugged and up and down hills and 6 months pregnant not the easiest thing ha but I did it. Clayt says that's what he's taking me to do after I have the baby to get back in shape and I so NO WAY haha Saturday Clayt got up early to go out and be back before the baptism started and he ended up getting a little 3 point. He we were out on the mountain ALL week and get nothing and he goes close to town for an hour and comes back with one haha LAME. Oh well at least we got some. yummy meat in my freezer now. If it ever gets cut up anyway it's taking up space in my fridge with those legs or whatever the body parts are that are in there lol We headed back home Sunday morning since Clayt had to get back to work that night. We had a good time it was a much needed getaway for all of us. Ryder we super excited to go camping and shoot elk with his green gun. Thanks for the fun week mom and My. Congrats on getting baptized Garett we're proud of you and the decision you made.
WARNING: Picture overload and a lot of scenery pictures :)
Spanish Fork Canyon


Finally made it to the mountain and got to ride on dads lap.
San Juan has beautiful mountains!

My boys! Clayt was going off of 1 hour of sleep..
Looking for deer
View of Blanding from where we were :)


Sexy husband in his camo and some random dude :)
It was so foggy once we got up high. Our camp was down below.



Ryder man looking for deer :)


View of Monticello.


My lover and I.






mama and her babies.

Bears ears in the distance :)








Gathering wood for the fire.
Getting ready to shoot a buck but pretty sure Ryder scared this one away lol

Just like his dad.





I tried for months to get this boy to wear camo finally he would wear it and that's all he wanted to wear. He only has the one pare of pants so he wore them everyday lol




Ryder, dad and his buck :)
I know not the best picture lol

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

So fun!! GORGEOUS pictures... except for the last one :) The leaves are so pretty!
And holy crap... is the smell not KILLING you having the meat in the fridge?! Sick!

Kyndra Johnson said...

It's so pretty down there right now.. Everyone kept making fun of me saying I came to "shoot" my camera lol why yes I did ha.. I can't smell it it's wrapped up. Once it starts cutting it up I will start to smell it though.