Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finding Strength In Prayer!

So our topic in Sacrament meeting today was on prayer. The primary stake president was a speaker in our ward today and she told a story about Elder and Sister Packard. It was their 3 mission I believe and they were serving in Madagascar and they were driving with their mission leader and someone else I can't remember who but they were on this really bad road and ended up crashing. It killed the mission leader and the other person in the vehicle. The Packards had survived but were in critical condition. There were no doctors over there at that time so they had to be taken to a hospital a ways away. They weren't able to go back to the states to get care because they didn't have the right paper work to leave the country. They told their kids as soon as they could and said they would set arrangements for one of them to fly over and see them so they did. The Packards together had every bone in their body broken plus other medical problems. The kids had asked everyone in the wards in California that they new to pray for their parents so almost every ward in California had been praying for them. They finally got to go back to the states and after a year and a half of recovery they had asked to go on another mission and they were sent to another place in Africa and they had ran into a couple and they asked are you the Packards that were in that really bad accident? and they said yes we are and they couple saud we were ones that prayed for you. Where they were at now in Africa was really far away from Madagascar and they were so thankful and blessed that people they didn't even know were praying for there wellness. I really liked this story and I really do believe in the power of prayer I think that it can do many great things if we really do believe. Well I just thought that I would share that store with everyone because I thought it was really powerful. I didn't tell it has good has the lady that spoke in church but I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

No comments: