I never realized how many premature babies were born everyday until Ryder was born. I have met a few people the last few days who have had premature babies. I bought a swing from a lady the other day who had twins 7 weeks early a boy and a girl. The little boy was not moving/breathing when he came out they were both immediately taken from her and put in the ICU. They are a little over 1 years old now and the little boy still has major problems. Then yesterday a guy came to my house to put in my water softener and he was talking to me and his little girl was born at 23 weeks. She was flown to the Uof U Hospital and she had to stay at the ICU there for 5 and a half months. She will be 2 the day after Thanksgiving and she still has to be fed my an NG tube and has to have braces for her feet. He said she is a happy girl and loves to walk around but she will have major problems her whole life.
My little Ryder was born 9 weeks early and was only on oxygen for a few weeks and he got the NG tube taken out a few weeks before he got to come home. I am so thankful that I was blessed with such a strong baby and that he was able to fight through all those trials and is able to be home with us this day a happy healthy strong baby boy. If it wasn't for all the new technologies they have these days I don't think Ryder would of made it I am so grateful for that thanks to the March of Dimes we wouldn't have it. I am so thankful for the support we had from family and friends I don't think we could of done it alone. Thank you everyone who kept little Ryder in their prayers everyday I know that the power of prayer and the strong testimony we have in the church played a big role in how well Ryder is doing today. As of now Ryder has no problems just that he is a little small but I know he will grow out of that and will be a big strong healthy boy in the months to come. We love you Ryder your an amazing little boy and couldn't ask for a better one.
The rate of premature birth between 1981 and 2003 increased nearly 30% (9.4% to 12.3%). Currently, prematurity affects 1 in 8 babies with approximately 1,367 premature births a day and nearly 500,000 premature births a year in the United States.
According to the March of Dimes (2006), premature birth is the number one obstetric problem in the nation. Of all preterm births, most are a result of spontaneous preterm labor, about 25% are a result from early induction of labor or cesarean delivery due to pregnancy complications or health problems, and in nearly 40% of all cases the doctor is unable to determine a cause (March of Dimes, 2007).

No comments:
Post a Comment