Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Eric Ryder Johnson


Waking up

My little guy

Proud mommy and daddy

His tiny foot
His little hand and arm

Ryder decided he didn't want to live in mommy's tummy any longer and joined us July 27, 2009 at 7:02 am. He is 2 months early and weighed 4 lbs 3 oz and was 17 inches long. It all started at around 12:30 am Monday morn I though it was just my normal back pain that I always get so I just kept holding it off. Finally the front pain started coming on with the back pain and I still wasn't sure what it was. Around 4:30 am Clayton heard my throwing up and crying and said we were going to the hospital. We left at almost 5 and got to the hospital shortly after. I got there and they asked what was going on and then got me on a bed and checked me and the nurse is like your dilated to a 9 we're having a baby. I just remember the look on Clayts face when she said that he was so scared he's like it's too early isn't it? They are like yes but we're having this baby. They called the life flight team and my Dr and they both got there right away. My Dr broke my water at 6:30 am and he was born at 7:02 am. The life flight/preemie team took him from me as soon as Clayt cut his cord. They worked on him in the room for a little while and then let me see him again and took him into the nursery. Clayt was in there with him the whole time and a few hours later they had him stabled and brought him in to see me one last time before they Ambulance him to the IMC in Murray. He was on a ventilator for about the first 3 hours of his life and then they moved him to oxygen cause he was doing so well. Around 8 that night they took him completely off oxygen and was breathing on his own. He is such a strong boy. Yesterday I got released from the hospital and was finally able to see my baby boy. We got to finally hold him and he's so little and precious I love him so much it was so hard to leave not knowing he wasn't coming home with me. Clayton got to care for him yesterday and changed his diaper for the first time and got to take his temperature it was so cute to watch. He is still breathing on his own breathing the air we do witch is so awesome he's doing so good. They tell us he could be in there until his normal due date Sept 23 but since he's doing so good it could just be 3-4 more weeks but we will see. I'm just glad he's as healthy as he is and doing so good. I don't want him to come home until he is ready even tho we would love to have him home now :) Well that's all for now I will keep this updated as time goes on. Thank you everyone for your prayers and comfort we couldn't do it alone. We love you all.

6 comments:

allgirls said...

Oh my godness, he is sooooo cute! Im glad that he is doing good, hopefully he will keep it up and be able to come home soon... our thoughts and prayers are with all of you! I love his name too :)

Zac and Jen said...

We are so happy to hear that little Eric is doing so well, he is so dang cute. What a cute family you have. There is nothing like being a mommy!! You will love every second of it, it goes by way to fast!

Anonymous said...

OHHH, Kyndra and Clayton, your story brought me to tears! My oldest was born 4 weeks early and that was scary enough! I am so glad that he is doing so well, my prayers are with you!

Jeanine said...

Congrats Kyndra! I can't believe he came two weeks early and so fast! He is adorable.

Jenny Candy Designs said...

Crys told me you went into early labor and I am sooo glad things are going so well for that little guy! He must be a cosby to have that much will power in him! Congratulations he is a cutie. We will keep you guys in our prayers and I hope he gets to come home soon!
Jen (Jenny McGee)

Cole and Amy said...

wow, i had no idea you had him so fast, that's quick, expecially for your first child. do they know what caused him to come so early? i'm glad you're all doing great, love you!