Saturday I ran my first half marathon. It was the Hobbler half down Hobble Creek Canyon in Springville. My neighbors knocked on my door 5 weeks ago and asked if I wanted to run it with them I said yes and we started training. I think there were weeks I only ran once or twice, the most I ran the whole training was 6 miles (that's the most I've ran my whole life too haha ) I was nervous for Saturday to come thinking I wasn't really ready for it. It was freezing up at the top and we waited for an hour before the race started. Once we got going I warmed up and then the sun finally came out and it was hot for Half the race haha. I can say I ran the whole time except for when I stopped to pee at the half way mark and I walked when I took a drink I tried running and drinking and it wasn't happening lol I stopped twice for a few seconds to stretch my calves other then that I ran the whole thing. I was told it would be an all down hill race and it ended up being up and down the whole way. Mile 12 was the biggest down hill and it KICKED my butt. I felt all the pain in my knees the most and my groin. (I'm so glad it wasn't mostly down hill) As I turned the corner at 13 Misty met me and started running with me to push me more I was limping as I was running and she kept telling me "it's just around the corner push it if you can" I started going as fast as I could to get to the finish line. As I came to the finish I could hear my niece cheering for me and my other little cheering squad :) I passed the finish line 2:15 after I started. I was sweaty hurting with pain but was so happy with what I had accomplished that day. I never thought I would run a half marathon I've always hated running. My friends came in shortly after me, we had breakfast at the park and a little massage they were doing there. It was exhausting but fun. I think I will run some more sometime. The one thing I learned from this is I will train more for the next one 5 weeks is not enough ;) Thanks for inviting me girls. You guys did AWESOME!!!

Race Swag
I did it.. 2 hours and 15 minutes
Ran to meet Abby and help push her across the finish line.. Didn't get one with Camie we cheered her on until the finish line.

Camie, Abby and I.. So glad I have these girls, such fun friends and neighbors!!
No comments:
Post a Comment